To help raise awareness for mental health and suicide prevention, Hopeless Records and their non-profit organization Sub City are teaming up with some incredible bands to release a new covers compilation benefiting various charities like Crisis Text Line, Hope For The Day, The Trevor Project, and To Write Love On Her Arms.
Titled as Songs That Saved My Life, the new 12-track compilation – which will feature artists like Neck Deep, Movements, Dance Gavin Dance, Taking Back Sunday and Against Me! – will be released November 9th.
To coincide with the compilation announcement, Hopeless Records has also decided to share Neck Deep’s sensational rendition of Natalie Imbruglia’s 90′s classic “Torn.”
When asked about their cover and what inspired it, vocalist Ben Barlow said: “This song is a classic for a lot [of] people; it’s actually one of my girlfriend’s favorite songs ever, so we’ve listened to it a lot. It clicked that we could cover it one day when we were on tour eating somewhere and it came on the radio. We started singing along and quickly realized this would make an awesome cover, once we’d ‘ND’d’ it.”
As for their spot-on video which captures the exact same elements of the actual 1997 clip, Barlow says: “Once again we teamed up with our buddies at [Our World Is Grey] and aimed to recreate the original video, but with a ND twist. It also features some cameos from some of our closest friends in the ND unit! It was a lot of fun being able to cover such a well-known song. Shooting the video was a breeze and as always the OWIG team nailed it.”
To check out Neck Deep’s cover as well as tracklisting for the upcoming release, be sure to look below. Afterward, make sure to pre-order Songs That Saved My Life here.
01. Neck Deep – “Torn” (Natalie Imbruglia)
02. Movements – “Losing My Religion” (R.E.M.)
03. Stand Atlantic – “Your Graduation” (Modern Baseball)
04. Dance Gavin Dance – “Semi Charmed Life” (Third Eye Blind)
05. Against Me! – “People Who Died” (The Jim Carroll Band)
06. Taking Back Sunday – “Bullet With Butterfly Wings” (Smashing
07. Dream State – “Crawling” (Linkin Park)
08. As It Is – “Such Great Heights” (The Postal Service)
09. Oceans Ate Alaska – “Shape Of My Heart” (Sting)
10. Too Close To Touch – “Let It Be” (The Beatles)
11. Dan Campbell & Ace Enders – “Broom People” (The Mountain
12. The Maine – “Transatlanticism” (Death Cab For Cutie)